Tue, May 17|
Sustainability Committee Public Meeting
Join us and share your thoughts and concerns.
Time & Location
May 17, 5:00 PM
Middletown Townhall, 31 W Main St, Middletown, MD 21769, USA
About the event
Meeting discussion items:
1. Guest speaker – Dr. Leisnman, UMD – non-toxic mosquito control
2. Mosquito control in town stormwater management facilities (Ann P./Karen W.)
3. Green Lecture series with library (Ann)
4. April meeting minutes approval
5. Outreach sub-committee report
6. Website updates (Gene) – Green Expo photos?
7. Bee City USA – renewal application submitted end of February; will need to start working on IPM for next year’s submittal
8. Pollinator demonstration gardens – Village of Foxfield eyebrow and circle planting; meadow planting at Remsberg Park; pollinator garden care and watering schedule; No Mow May question on FB page
9. Compost project – bin site at Memorial Park; compost bins available for purchase at municipal center
10. Lunch Out Of Landfills – 6th grade students composting at MMS; NexTrex program at MES
11. Tree plantings – Potomac Edison program on Arbor Day; tree planting maint. schedule (see below); Keep Maryland Beautiful grant application for Earth Planter trees was awarded
12. Tree City USA – no new update
13. Gift Tree Program – flyer boxes at Wiles Branch Park, Memorial Park and on Cone Branch Trail – please monitor as you frequent those areas
14. Green Expo – follow-up discussion; recycling materials event during Bulk Trash Day on October 8th?
15. Rain barrels – Frederick County Career & Technology Transitional Skills class project?
16. June meeting date – third Tuesday – June 21st
United States:+1 (312) 584-2401