Tue, Nov 15|
Sustainability Committee Public Meeting
Come and share your ideas and concerns.
Time & Location
Nov 15, 2022, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Townhall, 31 W Main St, Middletown, MD 21769, USA
About the event
Meeting discussion items:
1. October meeting minutes approval
2. Green Lecture series with library (Ann) – Maryland Birds program October 29th @ 1:00pm; Olive Oil 101 November 16th @ 1:00pm; Holiday Greenery decorating December 17th @ 1:00pm; Karen Whitehair program in March!
3. Outreach sub-committee report – Leave the Leaves and/or pollinator protection yard signs or door-hangars
4. Website updates (Gene) – terms and conditions disclaimer; connections page.
5. Green Expo – date for next year – Saturday, April 22nd – sent out Save-the-Date email
6. Bee City USA – need to start working on IPM for next year’s submittal
7. Mayor’s Monarch Pledge – annual report due December 1st!
8. Pollinator demonstration gardens – Village of Foxfield eyebrow and circle planting; pollinator garden care and watering schedule; Cone Branch Pocket Park pollinator planting next spring; budget of $2,000 – spent $1,200 in 2022.
9. Compost project – compost bins available for purchase at municipal center.
10. Lunch Out Of Landfills – no update
11. Tree plantings – tree planting maintenance/inventory schedule (see below); Ben Fritton tree planting offer; SilvoCulture grant for fruit and nut trees (Ann); Oct. 2020 tree planting in North Pointe is at a 66% survival rate ☹; Arbor Day tree planting will be Friday, April 28th
12. Tree trails – Bethany, forestry board member, joined us to help with tree id on Cone Branch trail; still stumped on exact species of chestnut and hickory. New trees to add to Wiles Branch tree trail – white ash and black willow.
13. Tree City USA – Cindy is working on actions to complete for next year’s Growth Award
14. Gift Tree Program – flyer boxes at Wiles Branch Park, Memorial Park and on Cone Branch Trail – please monitor as you frequent those areas; a new application came in!
15. Recycling event – will look to continue program biannually with next event on March 11, 2023.
16. No Idle Zone - discussion
17. December meeting date – third Tuesday – December 20th