Tue, Jun 20|
Sustainability Committee Public Meeting
Come and share your ideas and concerns.
Time & Location
Jun 20, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Townhall, 31 W Main St, Middletown, MD 21769, USA
About the event
Meeting discussion items:
1. May meeting minutes approval
2. Green Lecture series with library – Bees 101 with Sara Gibson of the Frederick Beekeeping Association – Saturday, May 20th; Reducing Mosquito Populations with Paul Leisnham on July 15th at 1:00pm
3. Little Seed Library – ‘Composting’ at Fox Haven Farm – Saturday, June 3rd; next up a Tomato Expert speaking on June 24th at 2:00pm;
4. Outreach sub-committee report –
5. Pollinator demonstration gardens – Village of Foxfield eyebrow and circle planting – being watered three times a week; need to figure out a care schedule; Cindy will contact HOA to see if they are willing to help out.
6. Compost project – compost bins available for purchase at municipal center; we only have four left and should discuss options going forward.
7. Tree plantings – tree planting maintenance/inventory schedule (see below);
8. Tree trails – Bethany, forestry board member, joined us to help with tree id on Cone Branch trail; still stumped on exact species of chestnut and hickory. New trees to add to Wiles Branch tree trail – white ash and black willow.
9. Tree City USA Growth Award potential projects–
10. Gift Tree Program – gift tree application came in for a redbud to be planted this fall; QR code decals have arrived and been placed on brochure holders; need to determine where and how to place the other decals.
11. Middletown Glen Biofilter discussion
12. Recycling event – fall event will be held on Saturday, October 21st; we have moved the time frame for the October event to 9am - Noon;
13. No Idle Zone – discussion
14. Trex plastic bag collection – need to discuss what to do during the summer
15. Battery recycling at the Municipal building
16. July meeting date – third Tuesday – July 18th